Brookings United Church of Christ Mission
We are a diverse community of faithful believers in God's desire for a caring world. We seek to be an example of the love of Christ by: supporting one another's lifetime spiritual journey through study, worship, prayer, and dialogue; serving our local community through ecumenical as well as individual means; working toward a just and peaceful world, beginning with our families; and participating in the larger church ministry in state, nation, and international efforts.
The Brookings United Church of Christ is an open, affirming, inclusive, joyful, supportive congregation.
We seek to create a community that is:
- Welcoming, Open and Affirming, and Inclusive
- Compassionate and open-hearted
- Where questions are encouraged
- Where there's no checklist of "orthodoxy"
- Where God's call is discerned individually and collectively, so that we might embrace it more fully as a united community
- Where ambiguity can be a partner to faith